I arrived in the Big Apple (after flying for 22 hrs) and made it directly to the Meat Packing District where I was invited to a dinner hosted by
Clothworks Textiles. Normally, I'd check into the hotel first but there was no time! I was looking forward to catching up with the owner Ted and meeting a few of the very talented artists who also work with Clothworks - the very sassy
Ellen Crimi Trent, the delightful
Sharyn Sowell and the fabulous
Sue Zipkin.
Dinner at
Scarpetta was amazing!!! Exceptional Italian food and wines. I couldn't not post without showing you some food porn - homemade pastas, fresh seafood etc......if you're ever in NY, I recommend it.
Scarpetta Restaurant

from Left: Ellen, Sharyn, Sue, me and Ted.

Heirloom Tomato and Burrata Salad

Soft Shell Crab with Fennel Foam and Spring Vegetables

Duck and Foie Gras Ravioli
Hi Chris,
ReplyDeleteI love your pictures and what a perfect description of the restaurant. I enjoyed our time together. I also have some pictures on my blog, however I forgot what the food was in my pictures. Thank you Chris!
Mmmmm, that looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteChris, thanks for posting the pictures of the dinner with Clothworks! Great people at that table! Good company and good food! I hope you enjoyed the show and that lots of good things happen because of it. Congratulations on Papyrus focusing on YOUR art!
ReplyDeleteDiane
great to finally meet you Chris!! You didn't disappoint! I had such a great dinner w/ you and the rest of the gang it made my day!! Dispite my blisters that were horrible!!
ReplyDeleteI hope to see you again soon.. you should think about doing Atlanta!!
Ellen