New Home!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds but if not, visit the link below and, update your bookmarks.

http://chrischun.com/blog.html

January 21, 2010

Rediscovering Klimt

I had almost forgotten about  Gustav Klimt. I remember the first time looking at his work in art books during school - I was spellbound. Drawn to the decorative patterns, luminous beauty and elegance of his paintings, I think that he has been a definite influence on my work. So, it was fantastic again to see Klimt and Egon Schiele's work again at the Leopold Museum and the Belvedere. I could feel corners of my mouth gradually rising to a big smile. Wunderbar!!






1 comment:

  1. It's a great feeling to be re-inspired by visiting art works in real life, especially old favourites from high school years. I always feel the same when seeing a Klimt painting - his work is so painterly, hard to reproduce in printed form. I hope you enjoyed your time In Vienna - that Sacher Torte looked pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you. Any negative, unsolicited business promotions and irrelevant messages to this blog will be deleted immediately.

If you need to get in touch with me, please contact me by clicking on 'Contact Chris' on top right corner of blog. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails