New Home!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds but if not, visit the link below and, update your bookmarks.

http://chrischun.com/blog.html

January 12, 2010

Summer on a Plate

There is nothing more (apart from maybe a BBQ) quintessentially Australian than our national dessert Pavlova. It's named after the famous Russian Ballerina Anna Pavlova. I love it -  the crisp meringue shell with a soft gooey marshmellow centre topped with lightly whipped cream and fresh fruit. Fresh mango and passionfruit is the perfect combination in summer. I've made it twice this week for overseas guests who have never tried it before. (Needless to say they were licking their plates and begging for more)


Photograph by Petrina Tinslay

Ironically, the best recipe I have ever used is from the Domestic Goddess herself. I bet this is the last thing she would be eating in January with all the blizzards and snow over there. However, here it's the perfect thing to eat on a 35C day like it is today. PS. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo of my pavs - they got devoured too quickly before I could get my camera out.

1 comment:

  1. i have eggwhites in the fridge begging to be made into pavlova!!
    wil definitely give nigellas recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you. Any negative, unsolicited business promotions and irrelevant messages to this blog will be deleted immediately.

If you need to get in touch with me, please contact me by clicking on 'Contact Chris' on top right corner of blog. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails