New Home!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds but if not, visit the link below and, update your bookmarks.

http://chrischun.com/blog.html

March 12, 2010

Work in Progress

Some updated pictures of the first painting. All I need to do now is to get it stretched onto a frame and do some embroidery onto it and it is finished. I feel like I am getting into 'the zone' which feels great - a place where I get totally absorbed into my work, forget to eat and lost track of time!  Next painting is French Macaroons inspired by my recent trip to Paris.

Noticed I've changed the teapot, teacup and bowl.
Prepping the background layers of colour
Choosing the stitching threads - which colours?
Hardest thing is manouvering the canvas under the sewing machine!
I am not the best sewer
Stay tuned for a pic of the finished painting later

6 comments:

  1. I am completely awestruck by your work and the process of painting and stitching. Thank you so much for giving us a step by step guide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it is wonderful! I love it! Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have just come across from Acornmoon.

    Am inspired by your designs and delighted with your colours.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such luscious colors and fabrics. Your painting/collage work is exquisite! Acornmoon is always right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also fortunate to have had Acornmoon show me the way to your site. I do look forward to having the time to back track a bit and see more of your earlier postings. And your future posts, too.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fascinating to see the step-by-step process, thank you for sharing this with us. Here's hoping I don't miss out on one this time round. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you. Any negative, unsolicited business promotions and irrelevant messages to this blog will be deleted immediately.

If you need to get in touch with me, please contact me by clicking on 'Contact Chris' on top right corner of blog. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails