Recently, I saw an older gentleman exercising at our gym but he was using the equipment incorrectly - bad posture, slamming of the weights etc. I know I'm not a qualified fitness expert or anything but I know when someone looks like they're going to injure themselves.
I really wanted to say something but I thought I better not as he may get offended. I asked my M about this and he said I did the right thing and kept my mouth shut. But I think I should say something if I see him next time....what would you do?
How far can you go actually go talking to a complete stranger before 'you cross the line'? Isn't this the same as telling someone they've got something in their teeth or they've tucked their skirt into their knickers accidentally or their fly is undone?? I think telling someone they smell or have bad breath is completely inappropriate unless they're sitting next you on a 16hr flight but even then, would you say something?
Love to hear what you think about this and whether you've said anything?
Hi Chris, I don't think I'd say anything to the gentleman either, but maybe you could have a word to the fitness instructor and ask him to speak to the man? I hate it when I have lippy or something on my teeth and no one lets me know. If someone has bad breath I offer them a mint! :)
ReplyDeleteGood points - thanks Wini! I've done the mint trick too!!
ReplyDeleteHi Chris,
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't say anything either, but Wini's idea of telling the fitness instructor is right on track ! Just what I would do too !
I have been LOVING your posts and emails and your photography has been fantastic as well - your so creative Chris and it seems Chaing Mai is bring out more and more in you - your bunny painting just made me melt... so so gorgeous ! Keep up the amazing work !!
Jo from Melbourne
Thanks Jo - you've made my day!! I have lots of wonderful things coming up soon.
ReplyDelete