New Home!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds but if not, visit the link below and, update your bookmarks.

http://chrischun.com/blog.html

August 11, 2010

Last week in Melbourne.

I can't believe that I'm finally here! Everything has been packed up; either sold or put away in storage and all I have with me are my clothes, some paper and inks ready for our departure Thursday week. It's been a long time since I've felt like I'm stepping leaping off the edge of the cliff into the great unknown but it feels great!!! Don't get me wrong - I have been very happy but I'm ready to do something new and exciting.

M and I feel very lucky that we're both at the same stage of our lives where we're ready to do something different, step out of our comfort zone and follow our dreams. A bit like 'Eat, Pray, Love' but we're still both very happy together and are able to support each other in fulfilling their potential.  We've been talking about this for the past 2 years. We may be away 6 months or 6 years - there is no definite plans. Whatever happens, happens but I think if we didn't do this now then we would regret it later on.

For M, he has had this dream of taking some time off from work and just writing a book. He has never lived overseas before. For me, I want to sketch everyday and paint BIG!!! I'd also love to use my product development experience and work with local artisans to create beautiful products which can support their local communities. And I also want to work on a gorgeous 'coffee table' book which centres around my art, travel, food and heritage.

Our first stop on our trip is Hong Kong where we'll use my Aunt's place in Sai Kung as our base. Then we have a few days booked up in Shanghai to see the Expo then 2 weeks in Phuket. After that, we will go wherever we feel like it. The plan is to first do a reckie around Asia for the first couple of months then we'll choose somewhere we like to stay for a year or so. It'll be a wonderful experience and the plan is that my blog will be like my visual diary!!

Chris xx

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you get up to on your way. Enjoy your time O/S, you are doing exactly what many of us would like to but can't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What will you do with your lovely cat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Belinda - I know I'm very lucky.

    Munaiba - Caesar's Mum is looking after him and has moved into the house. So His Royal Highness hasn't been too inconvenienced!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting Chris....May you have a wonderful safe and happy journey! I love the photo on your news letter! Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic to be living your dreams! I look forward to following the adventure on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my God! I had no idea you were about to launch into such a great adventure - good on you! Sorry we could not attend your farewell but as M did not reply to my email I assumed it was just another short trip. All the best and hope to catch up overseas - we may be in Denmark and then southern China in May 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris, congratulations to you and M for taking this leap into the big blue sky and living your dreams. Thanks for organising such a lovely farewell. Loved the food, the plonk, and the company :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you. Any negative, unsolicited business promotions and irrelevant messages to this blog will be deleted immediately.

If you need to get in touch with me, please contact me by clicking on 'Contact Chris' on top right corner of blog. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails