New Home!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds but if not, visit the link below and, update your bookmarks.

http://chrischun.com/blog.html

July 17, 2010

Cupcake 'Proof'

There's an interesting article in the Wall Street Journal about cupcakes. These yummy treats are 'recession proof' according to the paper with alot of new businesses opening up in NYC. I know that when I was in NYC in May, Magnolia Bakery was heaving!! Like anything, there is the good and the bad.

 I love the Cupcake Room - delicious, small and very pretty here in Sydney. And of course, I love the Magnolia Bakery ones (especially baked at home and with a cup of less sugar than the recipe).

What's your favourite cupcake place and flavour?

Image from The Cupcake Room


4 comments:

  1. How did you get the recipe for the Magnolia Bakery ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the recipe for the cupcakes:
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/saras-secrets/magnolias-vanilla-cupcake-recipe/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris! I just found your blog through Decor8. (I love your art!)

    Anyway, I love cupcakes and recently took a class here in Austin, TX at a local bakery called Sugar Mama's. It was a fun class, and the owner and baker were so nice...but the next day when my husband and I tried to take a bite of the cupcakes, the frosting had turned to hard butter. I am not kidding. It was more than a little gross! It was supposed to be a Swiss Meringue frosting I think. Maybe I wasn't supposed to refrigerate them (?) but still! So I'm still on the lookout for the best cupcakes. I grew up making the Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines box cupcakes with my mom, and you know, I liked them just fine!

    BTW, I watched Cupcake Wars last night on Food Network, and one contestant make a lemon-flavored cupcake with a salmon cream cheese frosting! OMG! (the judges loved them). I'm intrigued....but not daring enough by far to try it at home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina - welcome to my blog! The swiss meringue frosting sounds a bit dodge - I don't think it should go hard like that even if you do put it in the fridge. The class sounds like fun. Like you, I am not sure about the lemon cupcake with salmon frosting. Yuk!! Sometimes, the simplest things are always the best.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you. Any negative, unsolicited business promotions and irrelevant messages to this blog will be deleted immediately.

If you need to get in touch with me, please contact me by clicking on 'Contact Chris' on top right corner of blog. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails