New Home!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds but if not, visit the link below and, update your bookmarks.

http://chrischun.com/blog.html

September 22, 2011

Look what I found!

Making new, unexpected discoveries is one of the joys of travelling. Whilst walking down the road from our hotel, I saw this sign so naturally I followed...

Turn right...
into the garden

and then into the gallery

Gorgeous Owl Paintings everywhere!

This is the artist W.Sila.
I Wayan Sila draws owls in forests using an extremely intricate painting technique in Bali in his unique fashion. He creates his own world while respecting the traditional paintings. Born and raised in Ubud, I Wayan comes from a rich artistic heritage. His grandfather is I Wayan Barwa, a well-known painter in Bali. To see more of I Wayan Sila's work, please visit his website. He is very popular in Japan.

 

Copyright I Wayan Sila

Copyright I Wayan Sila

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous art, Chris!
    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diane - aren't they so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Mr. Sila is certainly talented. I wish I lived closer. I would love to visit his studio.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you. Any negative, unsolicited business promotions and irrelevant messages to this blog will be deleted immediately.

If you need to get in touch with me, please contact me by clicking on 'Contact Chris' on top right corner of blog. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails