Nan Tanyawan Mahawong is in her final year of printmaking at the Rajamangala University of Technology Lanna. I discovered her work from the R.A.P. Alumni Printmaking Art Exhibition 2011 show at the Chiang Mai National Art Museum where her work ‘sung’ to me.
This 'la poupée' etching depicts a fish swimming in a magical underwater world where lanna style houses grow from seaweed and the flower provides the source of life. I love the colours and the naivety of the drawing; so innocent and childlike almost but the whole print exudes happiness.
Here’s what Nan says:
“The concept of this creative art is derived from a part of my life. I got the inspiration from fish that I have fed. When I see them swimming in the water and playing with algae, I felt that my fish were happy with their land. At this point, it’s impressed me. I use this concept to create my work.”
| We have 4 available for sale. |
| Copyright Nan Tanyawan Mahawong |
You can buy Nan's work here.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you. Any negative, unsolicited business promotions and irrelevant messages to this blog will be deleted immediately.
If you need to get in touch with me, please contact me by clicking on 'Contact Chris' on top right corner of blog. Thank you.